Federal Aviation Administration
- All airmen, Air traffic controllers (ATCs), and certain other designated FAA employees are required to have FAA Medical Certificates or Clearance.
- The process of applying for an FAA Medical Certificate or Clearance requires Completion of the FAA Medical History Form 8500-8 and performance of Medical examination of the applicant by an FAA-designated Aviation Medical Examiner (AME).
- FAA MedXPress allows applicants to complete and submit their FAA Form 8500-8 on-line.
- FAA MedXPress securely transmits the completed form and makes it available to a designated AME to review at the time of the applicant’s medical examination.
- MedXpress replaced FAA paper form 8500-8 effective 10-1-12.
- Pilots need only a valid email address to create a MedXPress account to use FAA MedXPress. The Medical Certification Process at a Glance:
• Connect to MedXPress at https://medxpress.faa.gov
• Request an account or login using your existing account
• Enter medical application data on the FAA 8500-8
• Submit your application
• Print the summary sheet
• Give a summary sheet with a confirmation number to your AME.
You may want to check the following video promoting the use of the MedXPress application for the pilot medical certification process.
MedXPress User Guide (PDF)
Thank you for choosing us for your Aviation Medical exam needs!